Thursday, May 2, 2013

No jinx

It seemed like every time I got really excited about a booking in the past, I would post a facebook announcement of said booking and then it would cancel. It's the nature of work as a makeup artist that a lot of film, tv, commercial, industry work gets postponed, cancelled or otherwise changed. After learning my lesson, I hinted in my last post about some up and coming projects, but didn't want to jinx it :) Now that it is after the fact, I can post that I was hired to do the cover of a national fitness magazine (first national cover!). Look for Muscle and Fitness Hers June/July issue soon on newsstands. I haven't seen the end product yet myself. I also shot 2 workout stories and a "Real Housewives of Columbus" story with 4 local fitness models. They are an affiliate of Shape magazine. All of them were very gracious, humble and kind to work with and I would gladly shoot with any of them again.
The other job I didn't want to jinx was shooting my first national television program/reality show for HGTV. It's called "Raise a Roof: OSU vs Michigan". I did the host Anitra Mecadon's makeup and hair (eek!) for the entire show while she supervised/coached a team of  local volunteers as they redid a playroom/family room for a single Mom and her kids. That is supposed to air sometime in June. I just show up and try to make people look good :)
And lastly, I have been doing a ton of work for photographers lately too. I have had the pleasure of shooting with Shelley Kilgore several times now. She is an up and coming local photographer who loves working with raw backgrounds, and manipulating the lighting. I love the way you can see the detail of the makeup on her pictures. Plus, I have had still been shooting a lot of senior portraits for Elizabeth Sethi photography. I love how she shoots outside in natural lighting, works with a fashion stylist for every shoot- (so the girls don't look cheesy!). And also- I continue to collaborate and get hired on as the artist/stylist for many other photographers. Here are some recent pics:
Jessica Miller Photography

Jessica Miller Photography

Jessica Miller Photography

Shelley Kilgore Photography

Shelley Kilgore Photography

Gwen Capistran DeAngulo photo

Elizabath Sethi Photography

Elizabeth Sethi Photography

Picture the Love Photography (Kim Rottmayer)

Shelley Kilgore Photography

Elizabeth Sethi Photography

No comments: